CALEA Standards Manuals have been updated and are available in your agency PowerDMS site. When appropriate please publish the latest version of the manual.
New Manual Versions:
- Law Enforcement Version 6.15
- Campus Security Version 2.6
- Commission Bylaws Version 1.4
- CALEA Successful Guide to Accreditation Management Version 1.6
- Revision to commentary 82.1.4 relating to the removal of UCR
- Spanish Language translation corrections
- Revision to standard title 22.2.1 removing the word “Criminal”
- Clean up in chapter 11 Intro and Task Analysis Definition , relating to removal of “Job” from “Job Task Analysis” to “Task Analysis”
- Added the newly approved accrediting status in Section 8.4 related to “Provisional Accreditation with Condition(s)”
Guide to Successful Accreditation Management
- Moved Multiple Program information from chapter 5 to chapter 3
- Added Tri-Arc to Other Awards in chapter 6
- Updated Accreditation With Excellence Award Timeframe in chapter 6
- Added Provisional Accreditation with Condition (s) to Commission Review and Decision in chapter 6
Five standards have been posted to the CALEA website for review and comment. To access the proposed standards, navigate to In the News on the website menu and select Announcements. It is also accessible by clicking here. All comments must be made by May 20, 2022.
As always, your Regional Program Manager is available to answer any questions related to this latest update.