Police Chief - Moline, IL
The City of Moline (pop. 43,483) is located between the banks of the Mississippi and Rock Rivers in western Illinois and borders the State of Iowa. Moline is located 165 miles west of Chicago. As one of the Quad Cities, Moline is a historic community with a vibrant downtown in a metropolitan area of more than 380,000 people.
The City of Moline, a full service community of more than 16 square miles, is seeking experienced police professionals as candidates to lead the Moline Police Department. The Police Department has a complement of 80 sworn officers, consisting of a Chief, 2 Captains, 6 Lieutenants, 10 Sergeants and 61 Officers. There are 20 Civilian positions that support the services provided by the Department. In 2017, the Police Department responded to approximately 55,000 calls for service. The Moline Police Department has a long history and strong commitment of providing community oriented law enforcement services by focusing on partnerships with the community. All sworn members below the Captains are represented by the Fraternal Order of Police.
A candidate for the position of Chief of Police:
• Must be a proven leader, committed to the growth and development of the Department.
• Be an exceptional communicator, able to thoughtfully represent the interests of the Department and the City, with a high level of community engagement.
• Have a history of success in working in a collective bargaining environment.
• Must possess a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, law enforcement, justice administration or related field.
o A Master’s Degree and Executive management certificates including the FBI National Academy, Northwestern University Center for Public Safety or other similar State and/or National programs are desirable but not required.
• Have at least ten (10) years of service in law enforcement, including five (5) years of supervisory and administrative (preferably at least three years as a Chief or Second in Command of a community of 250,000 population or smaller) experience in a full-time, paid police department; or equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Be a Certified Law Enforcement Officer in the State of Illinois, or able to attain certification within six (6) months of hire.
• Have a record of success in a leadership position in a comparable sized municipal law enforcement agency.
Candidates must possess well developed communication and public presentation skills, as well as utmost integrity, and be committed to the long range success of the Moline Police Department. The Police Chief is appointed by the City Administrator with the Advice and Consent of the Mayor and City Council. The starting salary range for the position is $102,464 to $143,450 DOQ with excellent benefit package. Review Process & Timetable information in Position Profile on GovHRUSA.com. Submit resume, cover letter and contact information for 5 professional references by Thursday, June 6, 2019 to Paul M. Harlow at: www.GovHRJobs.com. The position will remain open until filled, however it is strongly advised to submit a resume by June 6, 2019. Electronic submissions are required. Telephone inquiries: (847) 380-3240.
Click HERE to Apply!
Moline, IL 61265
Review Process & Timetable information in Position Profile on GovHRUSA.com. Submit resume, cover letter and contact information for 5 professional references by Thursday, June 6, 2019 to Paul M. Harlow at: www.GovHRJobs.com. The position will remain open until filled, however it is strongly advised to submit a resume by June 6, 2019. Electronic submissions are required. Telephone inquiries: (847) 380-3240.
Click HERE to Apply!