Merit Deputy Sheriff
The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office. IN, is seeking qualified candidates for the position on Merit Deputy Sheriff. This is an entry level position in the Patrol Division. A Merit Deputy regularly conducts proactive and reactive patrol of county roads and other designated areas, maintaining high visibility and ensuring security of residences, businesses, and construction sites, investigates and reports all suspicious or unlawful activities, and performs necessary actions to enforce laws.
Merit Deputy Sheriff - Minimum Qualifications
• U.S. Citizen or U.S. citizenship by time of appointment
• Valid Driver’s License with not more than 6 active points
• No felony convictions or domestic violence convictions
• Legal ability to possess firearm
• High School or equivalency diploma plus at least one of the following:
~60 college credit hours from an accredited college or university;
~2 years military experience; and/or
~2 years law enforcement experience (including Corrections and Reserve experience)
• Ability to read and write English
• No Operating While Intoxicated convictions in last 5 years
• No dishonorable or undesirable discharge from military
• No illegal drug use in last 3 years
• Pass all portions of the selection process, including a physical fitness assessment
• Establish Hamilton County residency within 6 months of employment
• Must be at least 21 years of age (no upper age limit)
This is an entry level position.
Hamilton County Sheriff's Office
18100 Cumberland Road
Noblesville, IN 46060
Pre-employment applications for the position of Merit Deputy Sheriff must be received at the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office no later than Friday, July 26, 2019. The Physical Agility Test (ILEA Exit Standards) and the Written Exam are scheduled for Saturday, August 3, 2019. All candidates, including lateral transfers, must successfully pass each portion of the selection process including the Physical Agility and Written Exam.
Please do not send any paperwork other than the pre-employment application