Deputy City Marshal
The City of Bryan, Texas is currently accepting applications for Deputy City Marshal. This position serves warrants, subpoenas, and writs out of the Bryan Municipal Court and performs duties as bailiff during court sessions.
$56,160 - $62,400 / year (depending on experience & certification)
• Serves arrest warrants, subpoenas, and various misdemeanor writs issued by the Municipal Court.
• Researches location of wanted individuals utilizing various computers, associated software, directories, law enforcement agencies and business establishments.
• Prior to warrant execution, conducts a warrant check on each warrant to be served. Notifies defendants of active warrant(s) and advises to pay fines/fees in order to avoid arrest.
• Apprehends, arrests, and maintains custody of offenders; safely and securely transports offenders to jail, court, medical facilities and any other designated locations.
• Prepares reports and processes all paperwork related to serving and clearing warrants.
• Collects fines and/or receives cash bonds.
• Serves as court bailiff and performs related duties as needed.
• Operates assigned patrol vehicles. Emergency and pursuit situations require speeds in excess of posted limits and require officers to exercise due care and caution.
• Demonstrates competent weapons proficiency per certification standards; Must be able to load, unload, aim, and fire assigned weapon from a variety of body positions and under conditions of stress.
• Performs related duties as required.
• High School Diploma or GED, plus some additional training or education in area of specialization equivalent to an Associate's degree.
• Must possess least two (2) year of experience as a marshal, warrant officer or patrol officer with a Texas municipal court or police department, or equivalent.
• Must possess a basic certification (or higher) as a peace officer by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
• Must possess Court Security Specialist Certification from TCOLE, or have the ability to obtain the certification within one (1) year from date of hire.
• If applicable, discharge from military service must be under honorable conditions.
• Must possess good moral character, stable employment record and no history of any conduct which may affect suitability for law enforcement work.
401 S. Tabor
Bryan, TX 77803
A City of Bryan application is required. If interested, visit the link provided and select ‘Apply to this Posting’. Please attach a resume at the time of application. Applicants will receive an online confirmation upon successfully applying.