Administrative Assistant II
Typical Class Essential Duties:
1. Performs a variety of administrative tasks, which may include: filing, record keeping, scheduling and coordinating meetings; transcribing meeting minutes; maintaining and updating a department website and social media sites; managing supervisor's and/or departmental calendars.
2. Receives, reviews, processes, proofreads and records documents such as correspondence, business documents, invoices, vouchers, work orders, newsletters/flyers, general reports, and registration forms.
3. Enters information into applicable databases and/or other computerized systems to collect and maintain records and information in an assigned area of responsibility; collects, reviews, and compiles data for standard reports.
4. Maintains and orders clerical supplies as needed.
5. Responds to telephone, e-mail, written, and in-person inquiries, transmits messages, and provides answers requiring knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
6. Performs various routine clerical duties utilizing standard office equipment including: making photocopies, faxing documents, and accepting payments.
7. Processes accounts payables and/or receivables including calculating and determining settlements or adjustments; researches, tracks and coordinates all accounts payables and/or receivables.
8. Distributes, records and maintains petty cash supply; approves and processes p-card transactions.
9. Runs business related errands to various city locations.
10. Assists in the coordination and administration of special projects, events, and/or programs as assigned.
11. Provides general customer service and communicates with the public regarding fees, policies, rules and general information.
12. Represents the City of Casper by responding to the public, citizens, its employees, and others in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner while continuously maintaining a positive customer service demeanor.
13. Follows all City safety procedures. Reports all accidents/incidents immediately to supervisor.
14. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
• Customer service principles.
• Basic research methods and techniques.
• Inventory management principles.
• Record keeping and file management principles.
• English language, grammar, and punctuation.
• Basic mathematical principles.
• Basic municipal operating and budget procedures.
• Time management.
• Modern office procedures, methods and use of technological equipment including database management and computer software programs such as Microsoft Office.
Abilities (position requirements at entry):
• Organize records in an easily retrievable fashion.
• Operate a variety of modern office equipment.
• Work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
• Perform basic research and review of data.
• Prepare reports and written correspondence.
• Make travel arrangements.
• Process accounts payable/receivable
• Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Follow written and verbal instructions.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Skills (position requirements at entry):
• Operating in a courteous, knowledgeable and tactful manner with customers, staff and the general public.
• Oral and written communication, sufficient to exchange or convey effective information and to receive work direction.
• Using a computer and related software applications.
• Maintaining accurate records and files.
• Accounts payable/receivable.
• Time management.
• Scheduling calendars and coordinating meetings and/or events.
• Typing and data entry.
• Providing customer service.
• Proofreading and editing documents.
• Creating clear and concise reports.
• Typing correspondence, memos, and/or other related information.
Training and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) required.
• Minimum two years' experience working in a clerical or administrative support position for a municipality.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Wyoming Driver's License.
• May require to be, or obtain, Notary Public designation.
201 N David
Casper, WY 82601