Accreditation Manager Certification Program
Experienced accreditation managers who regularly attend conferences, refer other agencies to become accredited, successfully manage the accreditation process, and perform a host of other activities to support accreditation, deserve elite recognition. The CALEA Accreditation Manager Certification Program provides an opportunity for successful managers to earn specific credentials as an expert in the process of accreditation.
Establishes global understanding of the accreditation process.
Develops professional skills and abilities.
Serves as a portable professional resource.
Identifies industry experts.
Recognizes professional accreditation managers.
- Must be the Accreditation Manager of record with CALEA for a actively enrolled agency in a CALEA accreditation program at the time of application.
- Must be an Accreditation Manager of record for a CALEA-Enrolled agency for four consecutive years.
- Must have been an Accreditation Manager of record with CALEA for an agency(s) that received one CALEA accreditation award without conditions.
- Successful completion of the CALEA endorsed Accreditation Manager On-line Training.
- Must have been a registered attendee at a CALEA conference within three years of certification application.
- Letter of recommendation from current agency CEO.
- Letter of recommendation from assigned RPM.
- Public safety official peer letter of recommendation from another CALEA accredited agency.
- Must successfully complete PDMS courses or Certified Professional Training within one year of certification application.
To satisfy the PowerDMS criteria, applicants must successfully complete one of the three options below. This was previously satisfied with PowerDMS Bootcamp. If you have proof of successfully completing Bootcamp in the past year, it will still satisfy the PowerDMS criteria.
PowerDMS University Live Courses:
2. Groups and Securities
3. Document Management
4. Accreditation 101
PowerDMS University Self-Paced courses:
1. PowerDMS Administration (Administration Menu)
2. Creating Groups and Managing Security
3. Uploading and Managing Documents in PowerDMS
4. Getting Started with your Accreditation in PowerDMS
Successfully complete the PowerDMS Certified Content & Accreditation Management Associate or Power Certified Professional program tiers.
You must submit proof of completion within 12 months of applying for certification. PowerDMS can only provide proof within a 12 month timeframe. To receive certificates of completion for PDMS and AM online training, applicants must receive at a minimum 80 percent passing score.
Certification is valid for 4 years. Recertification is achieved by:
1. Attending the Accreditation Manager Certification workshop at the CALEA conference
2. Receiving reaccreditation with no conditions and;
3. Submitting documentation of serving as the accreditation manager for the awarded agency.
The award is presented to the Accreditation Manager by the Commission during a CALEA Conference. Recipients will also receive certification pins, recognition on the CALEA website, newsletter, and social media. All interested individuals must email all required documentation as one pdf to CALEA Staff. The application package will contain the following:
- Certification Application (download then complete form from link below)
- CEO letter of recommendation
- Peer public safety official letter of recommendation with contact information
- Accreditation Manager Online Training Certificate (registration link below)
- RPM letter of recommendation
- PDMS certificates for one of the three approved options
- CALEA conference receipt OR conference training certificate (proof of registration/payment or workshop certificate)
- Copy of congratulatory agency accreditation letter (recent award letter mailed to agency officially addressed to CEO.)
Accreditation Manager Certification Application
Accreditation Manager Online Training
The application package must be emailed as one pdf to CALEA staff for review. Staff will verify all required content for approval. If any documentation is missing the package will be emailed back to the applicant to submit a revised packet. Only complete packages will be reviewed for approval of certification.
When the complete packet is received the applicant will be emailed to verify receipt. The review process may take 4-6 weeks and after completion the applicant will be mailed a letter indicating the findings of the review. If you have additional questions please contact Communications/Organizational Development Manager Maya Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chicago, IL July 2022
Orlando, FL March 2022
Fall Virtual Conference, 2021
Summer Virtual Conference, 2021
Spring Virtual Conference, 2021
Fall Virtual Conference, 2020
Summer Virtual Conference, 2020
March 2020 Recipients
Covington, KY November, 2019
Huntsville May, 2019
Mexico City November, 2018