Become a Certified Accreditation Manager
Accreditation Manager Certification Program Application
Experienced accreditation managers who regularly attend conferences, refer other agencies to become accredited, successfully manage the accreditation process, and perform a host of other activities to support accreditation, deserve elite recognition.
The CALEA Accreditation Manager Certification Program provides an opportunity for successful managers to earn specific credentials as an expert in the process of accreditation.
- Establishes global understanding of the accreditation process
- Develops professional skills and abilities
- Serves as a portable professional resource
- Identifies industry experts
- Recognizes professional accreditation managers
- Must be the Accreditation Manager of record with CALEA for an actively-enrolled agency in a CALEA accreditation program at the time of application.
- Must be an Accreditation Manager of record for a CALEA-enrolled agency for four years.
- Must have been an Accreditation Manager of record with CALEA for one or more agencies that received one CALEA accreditation award without conditions.
- Successful completion of the CALEA-endorsed Accreditation Manager On-line Training.
- Must have been a registered attendee at a CALEA conference within three years of certification application.
- Letter of recommendation from current agency CEO.
- Letter of recommendation from assigned RPM.
- Public safety official peer letter of recommendation from another CALEA accredited agency.
- Must receive PDMS Standards Bootcamp or Certified Professional Training within four years of certification application.
No fee is associated with PDMS Bootcamp. Modules 1, 2, and 4 must be completed to satisfy the PDMS Bootcamp criteria. The Certified Professional Training is currently in development and will be available in the future. Until then, Bootcamp Modules are the courses that satisfy the PDMS criteria (9).
To receive certificates of completion for PDMS and AM online training, applicants must receive at a minimum 80 percent passing score.
Certification is valid for 4 years. Recertification is achieved by:
- Attending the Accreditation Manager Certification workshop at the CALEA conference
- Receiving reaccreditation with no conditions, and;
- Submitting documentation of serving as the accreditation manager for the awarded agency.
The award is presented to the Accreditation Manager by the Commission during a CALEA Conference. Recipients will also receive certification pins, recognition on the CALEA website, newsletter, and social media.
How to apply
All interested individuals must email all required documentation as one pdf to CALEA Staff. The application package will contain the following:
- Certification Application (download and complete form from link below)
- CEO letter of recommendation
- Peer public safety official letter of recommendation with contact information
- Accreditation Manager Online Training Certificate (registration link below)
- RPM letter of recommendation
- PDMS Bootcamp certificates: Must complete Modules 1, 2, and 4 (registration link below)
- CALEA conference receipt OR conference training certificate (proof of registration/payment or workshop certificate)
- Copy of congratulatory agency accreditation letter (recent award)
Accreditation Manager Certification Application
Accreditation Manager Online Training
Submit package to:
Include in Subject Line: AM Certification Program
The application package must be emailed as one pdf to CALEA staff for review. Staff will verify all required content for approval. If any documentation is missing the package will be emailed back to the applicant to submit a revised packet. Only complete packages will be reviewed for approval of certification.
- When the complete packet is received the applicant will be emailed to verify receipt
- The review process may take 4-6 weeks and after completion the applicant will be mailed a letter indicating the findings of the review
For additional questions, please contact Communications/Organizational Development Manager Maya Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AM Cert Program Flyer
CALEA Online Course Flyer