Public Safety Training Academy Accreditation: The Benefits of Accreditation
- Provides a management model for academy administration and operations;
- Produces better trained public safety personnel;
- Can limit an academy’s liability and risk exposure;
- Promotes greater accountability within the academy; and
- Demonstrates verification of best practices.
The goals of the Public Safety Training Academy Accreditation Program are to promote superior public safety training services and recognize professional excellence.
Accreditation can be used in other ways to achieve agency objectives. Some of the applications include using accreditation as a(n):
- Agency audit
- Device for organizational change
- Employee involvement strategy
- Management program