Public Safety Communications Accreditation:The Benefits of Accreditation
- Provides a management model for agency administration and operations;
- Produces better trained public safety personnel;
- Can limit an agency's liability and risk exposure;
- Promotes greater accountability within the communications center or unit; and
- Demonstrates verification of excellence.
The goals of the Public Safety Communications Accreditation Program are to promote superior public safety communications services and recognize professional excellence.
Accreditation can be used in other ways to achieve agency objectives. Some of the applications include using accreditation as a(n):
- Agency audit
- Device for organizational change
- Employee involvement strategy
- Management program