CASP Eligibility Criteria
Any law enforcement agency, public safety communications agency, public safety training academy or campus security agency seeking first time, initial accreditation and meeting the following criteria for participating in the appropriate accreditation programs is eligible to apply for an Initial Accreditation Fee Waiver (IAFW):
- Must be legally constituted state, provincial, county, or local governmental entities with a mandated responsibility to enforce laws, provide public safety communications services, provide public safety training or provide campus security.
- Must not employ more than 50 full-time employees or full-time equivalents.
- Must not have been previously enrolled in CALEA Accreditation or other CALEA programs.
- Must demonstrate a financial need for the IAFW Award.
- Must demonstrate capacity to reach CALEA Accreditation.
- Must agree to a non-refundable payment of one-half of the projected accreditation assessment fees at the time of enrollment.
- Must agree to a non-refundable payment of the second half of the projected accreditation assessment fees prior to logistical coordination of the respective assessment.
- Each IAFW shall be made subject to the accuracy of the information supplied by the agency in its application and any inaccurate information which change the facts for which the selection criteria was applied will be grounds for rescinding or revoking the IAFW.
The Application Form can be downloaded by clicking on the appropriate link below.
For more information about the CALEA Agency Support Program, contact CALEA at (703) 352-4225, extension 39.