Campus Security Accreditation: Eligibility
Eligibility for the CALEA Campus Security Accreditation Program is defined as agencies having legal authority to perform security and public safety related functions and whose eligibility is verified by the Commission. More specifically, eligible campus security agencies are defined as:
(1) A legally constituted governmental, institutional, or other entity having responsibilities to provide security and/or public safety services for an educational or research facility. These entities include but are not limited to the security or safety department of:
- State educational institutions;
- Private educational institutions;
- Governmental subunits of state educational facility (ie., regional campus, county or city school districts);
- Subunits of the federal government; and
- Specialized campus security.
(2) Agencies providing security or public safety services whose eligibility is verified by the Commission.