Campus Security Accreditation: Benefits
The goals of the CALEA Campus Security Accreditation Program are to promote superior services and recognize professional excellence within non-sworn campus security organizations. This program provides the following benefits:
- Serves as a management model for agency administration and operations;
- Produces better trained campus security personnel;
- Limits an agency's liability and risk exposure;
- Promotes greater accountability within the agency; and
- Demonstrates verification of excellence and professionalism.
Accreditation can be used in other ways to achieve agency objectives. Some of the applications include using accreditation as a(n):
- Agency audit.
- Device for organizational improvement.
- Employee involvement strategy.
- Management program.