CALEA Accreditation with Excellence Awards
The intent of the CALEA® Accreditation with Excellence Award is to provide agencies an opportunity to be further recognized for the effective use of accreditation as a model for the delivery of enhanced public safety services and management professionalism. This award is available to all agencies enrolled in any of the following accreditation programs:
1. CALEA® Advanced Law Enforcement Accreditation
2. CALEA® Public Safety Communications Accreditation
3. CALEA® Public Safety Training Academy Accreditation
4. CALEA® Campus Security Accreditation
Agencies do not need to apply for this award, as each qualifying agency will be considered.
The criteria for the CALEA Accreditation with Excellence Award are:
- Must have a minimum of two previous consecutive CALEA Accreditation awards.
- Must not have conditions or noncompliance issues resulting from the current or last assessment.
- Current assessment must have been conducted under the CALEA® Gold Standard Assessment model.
- At the time of the current assessment, the agency must be in compliance with 90 percent of all applicable other-than-mandatory standards.
- Current Assessment Report must have limited file maintenance and not more than two applied discretion issues.
- Must not be operating under any active Federal Consent Decree or Memorandum of Understanding, or state-level complementary action.
- Must not currently be affected by issues that detract from the overall tenets or goals of CALEA Accreditation.
- Must receive a unanimous recommendation of support from the assigned CALEA Review Committee.
This award will be determined by the Commission and will be announced during the CALEA Awards Banquet. The Commission will review each qualifying agencies’ assessment report and render a decision concerning agencies to be awarded. Agency representatives will be advised of the Review Committee's recommendation to the full Commission regarding the CALEA Accreditation with Excellence Award following the Review Committee presentations.
The CALEA Accreditation with Excellence Award attaches to the agency's accreditation award for a period of three years. For more information contact your CALEA Regional Program Manager.
We look forward to working with agencies as they demonstrate their commitment to CALEA® Accreditation - The Gold Standard in Public Safety.
CALEA Accreditation with Excellence Awards by Conference:
Garden Grove, California - March 2014
Winston-Salem, North Carolina - November 2013
Columbus, Ohio - August 2013
North Charleston, South Caolina - March 2013
Jacksonville, Florida - November 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona - July 2012
Mobile, Alabama - March 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado - November 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio - July 2011