CALEA provides credentialing services for law enforcement agencies, public safety communications agencies, and public safety training academies. The CALEA Accreditation Process is a proven modern management model; once implemented, it presents the CEO, on a continuing basis, with a blueprint that promotes the efficient use of resources and improves service delivery—regardless of the size, geographic location, or functional responsibilities of the agency.
- Agencies can realize the following rewards of CALEA Accreditation:
- Comprehensive, well thought-out written directives,
- Reports and analyses to make informed management decisions,
- Preparedness Program in place,
- Improved relationship with the community,
- Strengthen agency’s accountability,
- Limit liability and risk exposure, and
- Assists in agency’s pursuit of excellence.
AccreditationWorks! is a compilation of articles that appear regularly in the CALEA® Update magazine, which is published three times a year. These accounts are first-hand testimonies of how CALEA Accreditation has benefited these agencies and their communities. The articles provide insight into the impact of accreditation and offer examples that may be useful to anyone interested in the accreditation process or wants to know, “What will Accreditation do for me?”
CALEA thanks the agencies that have shared their experiences as a way to assist others in advancing public safety professionalism and CALEA Accreditation.